Anyone who lives in a very hot climate, such as Texas in the summer, knows how important it is to keep cool as temperatures rise. But when the fun of summer weather turns into extreme heat (100 degrees Fahrenheit or above for days at a time), it can literally be a matter of life or death as extreme heat may lead to heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
This is why proper AC repair is so important.
Maintaining your home air conditioning system can make a huge difference in the summer when extreme heat hits.
As temperatures rise higher than 90 degrees Fahrenheit, your home air conditioning system must run at full capacity to keep your home cool, which can significantly increase your utility costs. Plus, if you set your thermostat below 78 degrees Fahrenheit on very hot days, it will not help to keep your home cooler. The lower the settings on your thermostat, the more the air conditioning unit must work with possibly minimal or no change to inside temperatures.
During the summer you should always be prepared for extreme heat.
The following are a few tips to help you beat extreme heat:
- Don’t wait until it’s too late. It is always a good idea to get regular air conditioning maintenance. For an air conditioning unit that is getting old, have a licensed and reliable AC repair Plano TX service come to your home for an inspection. A qualified technician will be able to ensure that equipment is properly working and there are no leaks in duct-work.
- When you are home, keep your thermostat at 78 degrees Fahrenheit, and when you are away set it at 82 degrees Fahrenheit. A programmable thermostat can help you set your temperature so you do not have to remember to change it every time you leave.
- Consider a ceiling fan. Ceiling fans help cool a room by increasing air circulation, so the air conditioning unit does not have to do all the work. This will save in utility costs and possibly help maintain a longer life for your AC unit.
- Keep the hot sun out of your rooms. By using shades and blinds when the sunshine is at its peak, you can help keep your rooms cooler. Also, consider upgrading your insulation so that heat stays out and cool air stays in.
- Inspect your AC filter. You can ensure your equipment works at peak performance by checking your filter twice a year for dirt. A dirty filter makes your AC unit work harder than it should, so replace dirty air filters.
When temperatures are at their highest, you can beat the heat by being prepared. Stay indoors as much as possible and drink lots of water. You can keep your home comfortable with regular AC repair Plano TX service. For other tips and help to stay cool, feel free to call Chrome Heating and Air Conditioning for all your air conditioning needs. Call them today at 469-505-0944What Causes Your AC To Malfunction? » « Common Issues with Your Home AC near Plano